I received my new galaxy dx93t, and, of course, the first thing I have to do is take it apart
and check out it's guts.
Very pretty radio, and I love the starlit faceplate.
However, receive was kinda low, so after playing with it a while, and trying
to re-align it, I decided to install a 12dB receive amp inside the radio.
Here are pics of that, and of the starlight faceplate.
Turns out, I removed the preamp (to install in my DX2517), and re-tuned the 93 for the best I could get out of it. It is working quite well now, and I can hear almost as much (~4dB) in the mobile as I can on the base using the IMax 2K @ 100'.
Previous Page Home Page